Avatar: The Way of Water Movie Storyline (Plot):
Avatar: The Way of Water (also known as Avatar 2) is an American epic science-fiction film directed by James Cameron and produced by 20th Century Studios. It is the second film in Cameron’s Avatar franchise, following Avatar (2009). Cameron is producing the film with Jon Landau, with Josh Friedman originally announced as Cameron’s cowriter; it was later announced that Cameron, Friedman, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno took a part in the writing process of all sequels before being attributed separate scripts, making the eventual writing credits unclear.
The film cast members Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldaña, Stephen Lang, Giovanni Ribisi, Joel David Moore, Dileep Rao, CCH Pounder, and Matt Gerald reprise their roles from the original film, with Sigourney Weaver returning in a different role. New cast members include Kate Winslet, Cliff Curtis, Edie Falco, Brendan Cowell, Michelle Yeoh, Jemaine Clement, Oona Chaplin, Vin Diesel, and CJ Jones.
Set more than a decade after the events of the first film, Avatar: The Way of Water begins to tell the story of the Sully family, the trouble that follows them, the lengths they go to keep each other safe, the battles they fight to stay alive, and the tragedies they endure. — 20th Century Studios,
Avatar: The Way of Water Movie Trailer:
Avatar: The Way of Water Movie Information:
|Movie||Avatar: The Way of Water|
|Also known as||Avatar 2|
|Release date||December 16, 2022|
|Directed by||James Cameron|
|Screenplay by||James Cameron|
|Story by||James Cameron|
|Based on||Characters by James Cameron|
|Produced by||James Cameron|
Joel David Moore
|Edited by||David Brenner|
Stephen E. Rivkin
|Music by||Simon Franglen|
|Production company||Lightstorm Entertainment|
|Distributed by||20th Century Studios|
Avatar: The Way of Water Movie Cast and Characters:
- Sam Worthington as Jake Sully, a former human who fell in love with Neytiri and befriended the Na’vi after becoming a part of the Avatar Program, eventually taking their side in their conflict with humans and leading them to victory; at the end of the first film, he becomes the new leader of the Omaticaya (the Na’vi clan central to the story) alongside Mo’at and transfers his mind into his avatar permanently.
- Zoe Saldaña as Neytiri, daughter to the previous clan chief, future Tsahìk of the clan, and mate to Jake Sully.
- CCH Pounder as Mo’at, the Omaticaya’s spiritual leader and Neytiri’s mother.
- Cliff Curtis as Tonowari, the leader of the reef people clan of Metkayina.
- Jamie Flatters as Neteyam, Jake and Neytiri’s first son and oldest child.
- Britain Dalton as Lo’ak, Jake and Neytiri’s second son.
- Trinity Bliss as Tuktirey (“Tuk”), Jake and Neytiri’s eight-year-old daughter and their youngest child.
- Bailey Bass as Tsireya (“Reya”), a graceful and strong free-diver of the Metkayina.
- Filip Geljo as Aonung, a young male hunter and free-diver of the Metkayina.
- Duane Evans Jr. as Rotxo, a young male hunter and free-diver of the Metkayina.
- Kate Winslet as Ronal, a free diver of the Metkayina. Winslet called Ronal “a pivotal character in the ongoing story” but also “relatively small comparative to the lengthy shoot” since shooting all her scenes only took a month. It marks her first time working with performance capture, and motion capture altogether; she, like most of the cast, also had to learn free diving for the film; while filming an underwater scene, she held her breath for over seven minutes, a new record for any film scene shot underwater.
- Jack Champion as Javier “Spider” Socorro, a teenager born on Hell’s Gate (the human base on Pandora in the first film) but who was rescued and adopted by Jake and Neytiri and “prefers his time in the Pandoran rainforest”
- Giovanni Ribisi as Parker Selfridge, the corporate administrator for the RDA mining operation in the first film.
- Joel David Moore as Dr. Norm Spellman, a former part of the Avatar Program who chose to side with the Na’vi in the first film
- Dileep Rao as Dr. Max Patel, a scientist who worked in the Avatar Program and came to support Jake’s rebellion against the RDA in the first film
- Matt Gerald as Corporal Lyle Wainfleet, a mercenary who fought for the RDA against the Na’vi in the first film. Despite the death of his character in the previous installment, Gerald was announced to reprise his role in August 2017.
- Edie Falco as General Ardmore, the commander in charge of the RDA’s interests.
- Brendan Cowell as Captain Mick Scoresby, the head of a private sector marine hunting vessel on the planet of Pandora.
- Michelle Yeoh as Dr. Karina Mogue
- Jemaine Clement as Dr. Ian Garvin, a marine biologist
- Sigourney Weaver: Weaver originally appeared in the first film as Dr. Grace Augustine, a human who takes the side of the Na’vi and dies during the conflict. Although both Weaver and Cameron confirmed that she would return in the sequels, she stated in 2014 that she would not play the same character. Like most of the cast, she learned free-diving for the film and filmed scenes underwater.
- Stephen Lang as Colonel Miles Quaritch, who led the forces of the RDA, the human organization colonizing Pandora, in their conflict with the Na’vi in the first film. Although the character died at the end of Avatar, Cameron confirmed in 2010 that Lang would return in the first three sequels, stating, “I’m not going to say exactly how we’re bringing him back, but it’s a science fiction story, after all. His character will evolve into really unexpected places across the arc of our new three-film saga.” He later stated that Quaritch would act as the main antagonist once again, in all four sequels. Lang’s role will involve motion capture.
- Oona Chaplin as Varang, a “strong and vibrant central character who spans the entire saga of the sequels”.
- Vin Diesel and CJ Jones have been cast in undisclosed roles.